Monday, June 15, 2015

Patient Interactions

There are some patients who I really enjoy speaking to. These are generally the ones who are nice to me or those who are funny and make my laugh. Today, there was a man who had a conversation with me as I helped change his dressings on his chronic foot ulcers. It went something like this:

Patient: You're a doctor right? You're not a nurse right?

Me: I'm a medical student. I'll be a doctor in one year.

Patient: Ohhhhh I know what those are. I used to watch ER all the time.

Me: Oh did you really? I watch ER too.

Patient: Yeaaa so you're like one of them residents right?

Me: Well....nevermind.


A couple of reasons why I liked this man. 1) He thought I was a doctor 2) He watched ER 3) Then he thought I was a resident 4) He made me chuckle on my final shift of Emergency Medicine - ALSO my final work day of M3 year.

That's it!! M4 year here I come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment