Saturday, December 31, 2016

To a New Year

2016 was a whirlwind. I graduated from medical school and finally achieved my dream of becoming a Pediatrician, something that I've been working towards for the last 10 or more years. I traveled to new countries in Singapore and Malaysia and saw amazing sights and beautiful views. I finally let go of someone who previously meant a lot to me and decided that it was okay to move on and be happy without him. I matched into one of the best Children's Hospital Residency programs in the nation and with that, my eyes opened up to the struggles of both physicians and patients. 2016 was full of new experiences. No regrets.

For 2017, my new year's resolution is to be better at expressing my emotions. Too often I hide what I'm truly feeling and in the end, I hurt myself and I hurt others. I want to share more of myself from now on.

Happy New Years. To 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment