Sunday, January 31, 2016

Back in Chicago!

I returned back to Chicago to finish off my last three months in this beautiful (but freezing) city. It was super exciting to see all my friends from school again after spending the last 7 months back in California and traveling. In these last 3 months, my goal is to eat at as many restaurants that I haven't already tried before. The food in Chicago is amazing so I have to get it all in before I leave!

My first stop was NoMi Kitchen at Park Hyatt Hotel. This New American restaurant has been on my list to try for awhile. Between my sister and I, we tried six different dishes and every single one was sooooo delicious.

Started off with warm pretzel bread and one of the best spreads I've had.

Crispy fried organic egg with a parmesan crust, baby spinach, and a dijon mustard puree grain mustard.  This egg was CRAZY good. As soon as you cut in, the liquid yolk flows out.

Celeriac & truffle soup with potatoes and smoked apple jam. Delish - probably the best soup I've had! The smoked apple jam was so good too!

Cabernet sauvignon braised veal cheek with a green pea cream, toasted parsnip, and rainbow baby carrots. Yes, drool because it tasted as good as it sounds! The veal cheek was so tender and juicy.

Beet gnocchi with blue cheese, winter baby vegetables, and caramelized walnuts. The best light and fluffy gnocchi that I've ever tasted. Even cooler that it had a gorgeous bright pink color from the beets.

Huckleberry mousse bombe with a Meyer lemon puree core, coriander financier, coconut gel, candied coconut, and caramelized pear. So many small components but worked so well together. My favorite part was the acidic tartness of the lemon puree surprise in the middle of the mousse bombe.

NoMi's amazing spread of cookies and candies including a peppermint macaron, peanut butter cookie, chocolate caramels, and several other interesting pieces. Loved the macaron texture and all the little treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment