Friday, March 18, 2016

It's MATCH DAY!!

After four long years of wondering where I'd be for residency, Match Day 2016 finally arrived! This week has just been crazy. Monday kicked off with me opening an email saying that I matched and after three days of being nauseous thinking about my future, I found out today that I'm going to be a resident at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA!) I can't be more thrilled about where I'm headed off to and all the opportunities that lie ahead!! I'm super excited!! 

YAYYYYY!!! :) :) :)
Yep, looking pretty crazy happy here!

There are so many people who I've relied on and I'm so grateful to be surrounded by my wonderful family and friends. You are the ones who kept me sane and levelheaded especially through these last four years where I was truly pushed to the brink of mental and emotional exhaustion at times. To my mom, dad, aunts, uncles, and grandparents, 謝謝你們從小到大教我怎麼用功讀書讓我可以完成我小時候的夢想。如果沒有你們的鼓勵和幫助我也不能走到這一天。我希望以後能繼續讓你們安心,讓你們繼續為我而驕傲。謝謝!To my little sister Ivy, thank you for putting up with my craziness, especially when I was studying and during these last few days too. Even though I'm sad to move away from you in Chicago, I'm excited to see you match back to California in 2 short years!

To all my best friends - you guys are truly, seriously, the best-est friends ever. I can't thank you all enough for your wishes, your never ending support, and for keeping me in your lives even though I was holing up away in Chicago. I am beyond lucky to have known you all for at least TEN years, some, even TWENTY! My life would absolutely not be the same without you all. As a reward for being my friend, free pediatric consults for your future kids! LOL :)

Finally, to CMS Class of 2016 - we finally, finally made it through to Match Day. I am so honored to have gotten to know a good chunk of my class and see the brilliance and massive intelligence that lies in this group. I just can't believe that we are all on our way to being MDs after putting in countless hours in front of our powerpoints, FirstAid, and UWorld questions. It is such a pleasure to be in the company of such an unbelievable class and I am so proud to be apart of it. Come visit me in LA!

More pictures! 

Powerhouse: Ophthalmology, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiology

Feature Peds colleague!
Hey LA homie!!
More LA friends!

Sisssssy
LA friend #4 and Future LA friend??
Map pinning
PICU girl, I'm def consulting you!
Little sib - SEE YOU IN LA and SO excited for you next year!
GHHS lunch
Proud
WE MATCHED!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS PEEEEEEVIE!! POOVIE PERVIEE. i always always knew you could do it !! & IN CALIFORNIA!! & IN THE BEST HOSPITAL EVER. WHOO. cannot wait to visit you in LA!!!!

    ReplyDelete